The Hillsborough Township Public Works Department will open the Auten Road Debris Facility on from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.Aug. 6-8 to allow residents to drop off tree debris from Tropical Storm Isaias.
Residents must show ID at the gate.
The Auten Road Debris Facility is located opposite of the Auten Road School, next to the railroad tracks.
Due to COVID-19 the following safety practices are mandatory. Those who do not adhere to these practices will be turned away at the gate.
- You must wear a mask and gloves at all times while at the facility
- You must adhere to social distancing
- You must not exit your vehicle until you are informed to do so
Cooling and charging stations are available at the Municipal Complex, 379 S. Branch Road, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 5-7 for Hillsborough residents who have lost power. You must sign in, wear masks while in the building, and adhere to physical distancing requirements.
Road closures will be communicated via the Township Emergency Alerting System (Swift911). To sign up, visit the township website
and subscribe to the Police Alerts.
Do not use social media to report issues as they are not monitored or updated.
As of 9:30 a.m. Aug. 5, the following roads are closed due to the storm:
- Blackpoint Road at Amwell
- Longhill Road
- Montgomery Road
- Westbound Camplain Road
- River Road and Roycefield Road
- Millstone River Road from Strawberry to Amsterdam
- Millstone River Road from Hamilton to Manville border
- Franklin Drive
- Magda Lane
As of 9:30 a.m. Aug. 5, the following updates are from regional power representatives:
- PSE&G reporting 365 Hillsborough customers without power
- Estimated restoration on or before August 10th
- JCP&L reporting 1065 Hillsborough customers without power
- Estimated restoration will be days
- To report an outage call 1-800-436-PSEG (7734), text “OUT” to 4PSEG (47734) or report it online
- Visit PSE&G’s website for more instructions on reporting outages and status of power in your area
- To report an outage call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877), text or report it online
- Visit JCP&L website for more more instructions on reporting outages and status of power in your area