• The American Red Cross will sponsor the following blood drives: Colts Neck, March 24, 2-7 p.m., Colts Neck Fire Company No. 1, 123 Route 537, Colts Neck; Freehold Township, March 28, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Freehold Family YMCA, 470 East Freehold Road, Freehold Township; and Freehold Township, March 30, 2-7 p.m., Freehold Township Senior Center, 116 Jackson Mills Road, Freehold Township. Schedule a blood donation appointment by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
• The 2021 Discussion Series will present “Staying Connected – You Are Not Alone!” at 6:30 p.m. March 23 via Zoom. The presenters are Dr. Alison Thomas-Cottingham,
a clinical psychologist with a specialty in community/health psychology, and Kat Verdi, a senior living and healthcare transition advocacy consultant for caregivers, aging adults and LGBTQ elders. Topics include how to stay connected to combat loneliness and social isolation during a global pandemic. The series is sponsored by Kathy Lo Bue, managing director, Glen Eagle Advisors. The series is free, non-sectarian and open to the community. Call 732-866-6660 for Zoom webinar registration information.
• The Monmouth County Park System is hiring lifeguards, camp counselors, park and golf course maintenance workers, swim instructors and more for June, July and August. For more information, visit the park system’s Summer Job Fair, to be held from 1-4 p.m. April 3 at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center, 2566 Guam Lane, Tinton Falls. A face covering is required. Prospective employees must be at least 16 years old and a Monmouth County resident. A full listing of summer job openings can be found at www.MonmouthCountyParks.com. Details: 732-842-4000, ext. 4339 or ext. 4219.
• The Guild of Creative Art and the James T. Gary Foundation will award a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating Monmouth County high school senior who plans to major in the visual arts in an accredited college or art school in Fall 2021. Full-time attendance is required. Media may be painting, sculpture or photography. The application deadline is April 15. For the application and fact sheet, call 732-741-1441.
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian churches, operates a food pantry to provide supplementary food for those in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Donations of funds and food are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of the New York Blood Center, will conduct blood drives on March 22 and March 29 from 1-7 p.m. at Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold Township (store between Cheesecake Factory and Chico’s). Appointments strongly suggested. For an appointment go to https://nybc.org/newjerseydrive (sponsor code 65805) or call 800-933-2566.
• New Jersey Blood Services, which provides blood for local patients, is looking for a few good volunteers. Blood drive volunteers assist donors with registration and/or at the refreshment area. No medical background necessary. Volunteers should be outgoing to provide friendly customer service and be able to perform tasks as needed. Must have transportation. All training is provided. For additional information, call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood drive volunteer, visit https://www.nybc.org/support-us/volunteer-nybc/volunteer-application/
• Dove Hospice Services of New Jersey is seeking volunteers to provide support to hospice patients and their families throughout Monmouth County. Volunteers visit with patients in their home, which can also be nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities, at least once a week. Visits can also be virtual and are during the day or early evening. Details: Deborah Adams, 732-405-3035, or email email@example.com
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.