• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled: Dec. 1, Howell Donor Center, 4068 Route 9 South, Howell, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; Dec. 2, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; Dec. 7, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; Dec. 8, Howell Donor Center, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; Dec. 9, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; Dec. 14, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; Dec. 15, Howell Donor Center, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. To donate blood or for information about how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• Jackson residents who would like to volunteer to serve on an advisory board or commission may submit a Citizen Leadership Form which can be found on the municipal website at www.jacksontwpnj.net under the Forms, Licenses and Permits section. Complete both pages and include any background experience you have or your reason for interest. The following advisory boards and committees currently exist: Veterans Commission, Rent Leveling Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Economic Development Commission, Citizens Budget Advisory Committee, Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board, Pathfinders, Environmental Commission, Historical Commission and Shade Tree Commission. All requests for consideration should be received by Dec. 17. Details: 732-928-1200, ext. 1211, or email email@example.com
• The Monmouth County Retired Educators Association will hold its holiday meeting and luncheon on Dec. 14 at Knob Hill Country Club, 1 Shinnecock Drive, Manalapan, at 11 a.m. Members are encouraged to bring a non-perishable donation for the food bank. The association is also collecting unwrapped children’s toys, books or gift cards for Bridges At The Shore. For luncheon reservations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732 995-7754. Reservations must be received before Dec. 3. New members are welcome. Check the association’s website or Facebook page for additional information.
• A Zoom program, “Hollywood Yiddishkeit: Jewish Images in American Film” with historian John Kenrick, will be presented by the Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County at 2 p.m. Dec. 5. Admission: $12 for museum members and $15 for non-members. To RVSP, call the museum at 732-252-6990, email email@example.com, or visit www.jhmomc.org
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled: Nov. 30, Howell Donor Center, 4068 Route 9 South, Howell, 1:30-8:30 p.m. To donate blood or for information about how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• Monmouth County Park System will present a cookstove demonstration on Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. Discover how recipes, cooking techniques and kitchens have changed since the 1890s. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Bat Shalom Hadassah will host the annual Jackson Township Hanukkah menorah lighting at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Jackson municipal building, West Veterans Highway. The entire event will be outdoors; masks are required. The candles will be lit by Rabbi Shmuel Naparstek. The event is sponsored by Bat Shalom Hadassah, Jackson Chabad, Westlake Yiddish Club, Shalom Club of Winding Ways South Knolls and Metedeconk. All are welcome to attend the menorah lighting.
• The New Egypt Elks Lodge will host Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 19, two seatings: 8:30-10 a.m. or 10-11:30 a.m. Each child will receive a gift from Santa. Pre-sale tickets only; limited seating. Menu includes (subject to change): pancake station, toppings, French toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon and pork roll, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice and more. Cost: Adults (13-59), $12; Seniors (60 and over), $11; Child (4-12), $8; Children 3 and under, free. To reserve: https://form.jotform.com/neelks2457/breakfast-with-santa. Paper tickets will not be issued. Reservations are non-refundable unless they can be re-sold before the event. Any reservation not paid by Dec. 9 will be cancelled to allow for others to purchase. Payment can be made via Zelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo Mike Walsh at 732-600-8442. Credit, debit, check or cash accepted at the lodge.
• CentraState Medical Center has launched a new online grief support group led by licensed clinical social workers certified in grief counseling to assist individuals who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The group is open for adult members of the community who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The private groups provide a safe, non-judgmental space for participants to share their emotions and struggles. The group meets via Zoom on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 3 p.m. To register, call 732-303-5170 or email Ametzger@Centrastate.com or Ssouza@Centrastate.com
Items for the Datebook may be sent to email@example.com. Please submit items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.