Family left homeless after chimney fire on Dutchtown-Zion Road

Date:

Share post:

A Dutchtown-Zion Road family was left homeless after a chimney fire spread into the rest of the house Feb. 5, according to the Montgomery Township Police Department.

The fire, which was called in at 10:15 a.m., started in the chimney.

- Advertisement -

The first police officers on the scene saw smoke coming from the house, according to officials.

The deputy fire chief for Montgomery Township Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 elevated the fire call to a first alarm fire and asked for a water tanker task force to respond, according to reports. There are no fire hydrants in the area.

When firefighters from Montgomery Township Volunteer Fire Co. No. 2 arrived, they took a fire hose and entered the house. They discovered that the fire had spread into the second floor in the ceiling between the first floor and the second floor of the house, according to the statement.

A second crew of firefighters from Montgomery Township Volunteer Fire Co. No. 2 also pulled a fire hose into the house. The firefighters extinguished the fire on the first and second floor of the house.

Stay Connected

1,436FansLike
7,706FollowersFollow

Current Issue

Latest News

Related articles

‘A financially responsible budget’

A slight tax increase is expected for Montgomery Township property owners for 2024. The $32.4 million municipal budget was...

Princeton officials declare town as book sanctuary

The Princeton Council and the Princeton Public Library Board of Trustees have declared the town and its public...

‘It’s an absolutely gorgeous place’

The Pinelands 2024 Juried Photographic Exhibition is in its sixth year capturing the "unique, mysterious, and charming characteristics"...

HomeFront seeks to collect 500,000 diapers by Mother’s Day

How do you collect 500,000 diapers and baby wipes in five weeks? One box at a time. That's the...