• A Zoom program, “Hollywood Yiddishkeit: Jewish Images in American Film” with historian John Kenrick, will be presented by the Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County at 2 p.m. Dec. 5. Admission: $12 for museum members and $15 for non-members. To RVSP, call the museum at 732-252-6990, email email@example.com, or visit www.jhmomc.org
• The Monmouth County Retired Educators Association will hold its holiday meeting and luncheon on Dec. 14 at Knob Hill Country Club, 1 Shinnecock Drive, Manalapan, at 11 a.m. Members are encouraged to bring a non-perishable donation for the food bank. The association is also collecting unwrapped children’s toys, books or gift cards for Bridges At The Shore. For luncheon reservations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732 995-7754. Reservations must be received before Dec. 3. New members are welcome. Check the association’s website or Facebook page for additional information.
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled: Nov. 18, Middletown Elks, 251 Church St., Belford, 1-7 p.m.; Nov. 22, North Centerville Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1, 372 Middle Road, Hazlet, 1-7 p.m.; Nov. 30, Lincroft Bible Church, 790 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, 1-7 p.m. To donate blood or for information about how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• Monmouth County Park System will present a cookstove demonstration on Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. Discover how recipes, cooking techniques and kitchens have changed since the 1890s. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Park System will present a Nature Lecture Series: Woodpeckers of Monmouth County on Nov. 18 from 7-8 p.m. at the Freneau Woods Park Visitor Center, Aberdeen Township. Learn about these colorful birds and their role in helping to control insect pests during a talk by a park system naturalist. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Park System will present a 19th Century Woodworking Demonstration on Nov. 20 from noon to 3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel.
See how a carpenter uses 19th century woodworking and carving tools during this demonstration. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Park System will present Accordion Melodies of the 1890s on Nov. 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. Hear melodies of the 1890s played on the accordion. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Morganville United Methodist Church, 215 Conover Road, Marlboro, will open its thrift shop on Saturdays in October and November from 9 a.m. to noon. The thrift shop has new and nearly new items of clothing, housewares, home decor, toys, CDs, DVDs, books and more; vintage and collectible items. All are welcome to visit the thrift shop.
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to email@example.com. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.