Residence uninhabitable due to stove fire, construction issues


Share post:

NORTH BRUNSWICK – A fire that began on the stove at a Grissom Avenue residence has left the home uninhabitable.

The North Brunswick Police Department and the North Brunswick Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to 961 Grissom Ave. around 6:07 p.m. on March 16, according to a statement prepared by the police department.

- Advertisement -

Upon arrival of the first patrol unit, officers noticed the fire had spread and had become a structural fire, according to reports.

Officers and detectives confirmed that all occupants were out of the home and evacuated neighbors that could have been affected, police said.

There were some construction issues that hampered firefighting efforts, according to the statement. The fire was placed under control by 7 p.m.

There was one minor injury reported from the incident, according to police.

The home has been deemed uninhabitable by inspectors and construction officials. The fire is under investigation by the North Brunswick Fire Marshal’s Office. 

Stay Connected


Current Issue

Latest News

Related articles

Windows of Understanding addresses social justice issues through art

For husband and wife, Dan and Peichi Waite, the word dignity played a big role when putting together...

North Brunswick native sworn in as township police officer

NORTH BRUNSWICK - Seven years after graduating from North Brunswick Township High School, Jake Codella comes home to...

A musician’s journey from professional drummer to film composer

With the upcoming release of Bezos:The Beginning, Professional composer, Colin Bell, shared his creative process on scoring his...

North Brunswick BOE welcomes two new board members

NORTH BRUNSWICK - The New Year for North Brunswick's Board of Education is underway as the board has...