Girl Scout Program Activity Center
127 Yellow Brook Road
Farmingdale, NJ/Monmouth 07727
Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore will recognize eight emerging leaders in their fields and communities at its sixth annual Phenomenal Women Under 40 event on Sept. 22, 6-8 p.m., at the Girl Scout Program Activity Center in Farmingdale.
The area’s leading nonprofit dedicated to developing girls of courage, confidence, and character, Girl Scouts will present honorees with the Phenom Award for going above and beyond in all that they do, including their accomplishments and commitment to business growth, professional excellence, and community service.
Phenom Award recipients were selected from a public nomination process. This year’s honorees and their affiliations are:
- Alaina Bontales, Monmouth Medical Center
- Kristina Henderson, Henderson Promos and Mrs. New Jersey
- Danielle M. Jones, Brookdale Community College and Borough of Eatontown
- Eboné Lawrence-Smith, Long Branch Public Schools
- Chelsea Masterson, Chelsea’s Messy Kitchen
- Megan O’Keefe, Caregiver Volunteers of Central New Jersey
- Shannon Oreficé, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Coastal & Northern NJ
- Melissa Schwaner, Swan Therapy Group.
The event will take place outdoors under a tent adjoining the open-air activity center. The Ohana Grill Food Truck and The Roving Bar will roll up with dinner, dessert, and beverages for guests.
Proceeds from the charitable event will support leadership programs for nearly 9,000 Girl Scouts representing every zip code in Monmouth and Ocean counties and help fund the organization’s financial assistance program to offer more girls life-changing experiences.
Sponsorship and underwriting opportunities ranging from $350 to $3,000 are available to local businesses and individuals. Event tickets are $85, while tickets for a 50/50 raffle, to be drawn at the event, are $10 each.
To purchase tickets and sponsorships or for more information about the event, go to GSFun.org/phenom or call (800) 785-2090.