Home NS Sentinel N/S Sentinel News Firefighters and family save pets from house fire

Firefighters and family save pets from house fire

0

SOUTH BRUNSWICK – A two-alarm fire on Feb. 19 heavily damaged a Monmouth Junction home, but firefighters and the family were able to save all of the pets in the residence.

At 4:15 p.m., the husband and wife reported smelling smoke in their living room, according to information provided by the South Brunswick Police Department (SBPD). They reportedly observed thick smoke coming from the area of the chimney and called 911.

The Monmouth Junction Fire Department arrived and found the fire had spread up the chimney into the attic and roof of the residence, according to reports. Family members were able to get the pet dog out but reported four cats and a bird were still in the home. Firefighters entered the smoke filled home and successfully got all the animals out.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control within 30 minutes and remained on location until approximately 6:30 p.m., checking for hot spots, according to the report.

The home is uninhabitable and the residents will be staying with family members, police said.

Firefighters from Monmouth Junction, Kingston, Kendall Park, Plainsboro, North Brunswick, Cranbury and Jamesburg responded to the scene. Firefighters from the Franklin Park and Community Fire Companies covered South Brunswick during the fire. The South Brunswick Police, South Brunswick EMS, Monmouth Junction First Aid Squad and Kendall Park EMS responded.

There were no injuries to residents or firefighters, according to police.

The fire does not appear suspicious and remains under investigation by the South Brunswick Township Fire Safety Bureau.

Exit mobile version