SAYREVILLE — With assistance from two state legislators, EMS Council of New Jersey (EMSCNJ) officers recently recited their oaths of office for 2017 at the Middlesex County Fire Academy.
Sen. Bob Smith (D-Middlesex) and Assemblywoman Nancy J. Pinkin (D-Middlesex) were on hand to administer the oaths to the officers on Jan. 15.
The executive board members, all incumbents, include: President Joseph G. Walsh Jr. of Neptune, Northern Area Vice President Cyndy Reardon of Bloomingdale, Central Area Vice President John Butterweck of Morganville, Southern Area Vice President Phil Wien of Maple Shade, Treasurer Ken Weinberg of Pittstown, Assistant Treasurer Leroy Gunzelman of Somerville, Council Secretary Barbara Platt of New Egypt and Membership Secretary Sue Meyer of Berkeley Heights.
The 21 district vice presidents for 2017 include:
- District 1 – Anthony Murtha (Spring Lake);
- District 2 – Kari Phair (Springfield);
- District 3 – John Tymon (Ridgefield Park);
- District 4 – Ernest Bubier (Salem);
- District 5 – Marylyn Kampo (Somerset);
- District 6 – Barbara Flowers (East Hanover);
- District 8 – Karen Johansen (Morristown);
- District 9 – Steve Kurs (East Windsor);
- District 10 – Andie Hutchins (Phillipsburg);
- District 11 – Paul Kennedy (Keansburg);
- District 12 – Edna Deacon (Mine Hill);
- District 13 – Eric Rudd (Belvidere);
- District 14 – Alfred Low-Beer (Kendall Park);
- District 15 – James Ambro (Nutley);
- District 16 – Kim Iadanza (Tinton Falls);
- District 17 – Mary Claire Shiber (Wayne);
- District 18 – Alison Wallin (Demarest);
- District 20 – Vikki Castellano (Oakland);
- District 22 – Rich Litton (Moorestown);
- District 23 – James McAlister (Freehold);
- District 24 – Tarcisio Nunes (Lyndhurst).
The 88-year-old nonprofit EMSCNJ represents 20,000 EMS volunteers affiliated with nearly 300 rescue squads throughout the state.